Top 10 “BEST” WordPress Plugins (Updated) 2019
Did you know that there are 30% of the web powered by WordPress? Most of business owners and marketing professionals love WordPress for many reasons such as SEO friendly, flexible and offers tons of features but still some functionality are missing. The best way to fill this missing functionality is select right plugins for your website.
WordPress plugins are great tool for adding extra functionality and extend to do anything you can imagine. In this post we will share best WordPress plugin for your website.
No doubt, SEO plugin is essential for any WordPress website to rank higher and drive more traffic from search engine.
Yoast SEO is also known as WordPress SEO by Yoast is one of the most popular plugin with over 5+ million downloads. This single plugin can handle and take care of the important aspects of on page SEO and analyze your site content for SEO optimization and readability.
Here are a few things you can achieve with the help of Yoast plugin
- Create XML sitemap
- Google search console integration
- Social media optimization
- Control indexing of your blog
- Set focus keyword and optimize for SEO
- Add meta description to single post and homepage
- …and so on.
Spam comments is one of the biggest challenge by WordPress bloggers. Akismet is a anti-spam plugin that check all comments and filters out the spammy comments to free your blog from comment spam.
- URLs are displayed in comment body
- Moderators can review number of comments approved by user
- Easily see which comment caught by Akismet and which ones were moderated.
This plugin is free for personal site but for commercial sites you have to subscribe for it’s monthly plans.
To activate this plugin you need a API, which you can easily get by creating a free account on WordPress.com.
Jetpack is a must have plugin for every WordPress websites. This plugin made by the brilliant team behind the WordPress software.
This plugin takes care of your website performance, security, traffic growth, website appearance, image optimization and much more.
Here are a few things you can achieve with the help of Jetpack plugin
- Prevent hackers from brute force attack
- Track page views and search queries with analytics
- Monitor website downtime and also get notified when site is down
- Show related posts to increase engagement and decrease bounce rate
- Provide subscription option so that people can subscribe
- Daily backup using VaultPress
- Add contact form in one click
- Get a free CDN with Photon
You will need a free WordPress.com account to connect and activate Jetpack plugin to website.
Is your website loading very slow then caching is best way to make your WordPress website load faster.
WP super cache is a very popular and one of the best cache plugin for WordPress. This plugin creates a static HTML file of your website pages and allows it to serve pages from this cache.
This is definitely must have plugin for every website after Google started ranking website based on website speed.
It comes with lots of caching features like
- Full site cache
- Server load reduction
- G-Zip compression
- Preloading files for faster loading
Wordfence security is the most popular WordPress security plugin with more than 2+ million downloads.
This plugin features malware scan, login security, firewall protection, blocking and much more. You can also monitor real time traffic to your website including humans, robots, login, logout and error 404.
The firewall feature prevents your site from being hacked. You can also add two factor authentication to enhance your website login security.
The broken link checker is a simple and very powerful plugin that continuously scan your website and helps to find internal & external broken links and missing images.
It might take some time to scan the website, after your website scan complete you can fix broken links quickly from it’s dashboard.
OptinMonster is a conversion rate optimization plugin that allows you to capture emails of your website visitors.
The advanced drag and drop builder allows you to create a stunning pop up forms to increase conversion rate. The campaign trigger feature automatically detect your visitors behavior and display right campaign to the right person at the time.
So if you want to build and grow your email list then OptinMonster is a must of 2018 have WordPress plugin of 2018.
If you are affiliate marketer then Easy Affiliate Links plugin helps you to manage all the affiliate links of your website by masking an awkward looking URLs.
This plugin also comes with SEO smart links that will definitely add a lots of value to your website optimization.
- The main features of Easy Affiliate Link plugin is given below.
- Create short links to optionally clock your affiliate links
- Tracking of monthly and lifetime clicks
- Assign specific category to links
- Easily access links in visual and html editor
- Import and export links to XML
VaultPress is a security oriented plugin that helps to create a real time backup of your WordPress website automatically.
This plugin allows you to create backup regularly and restore your website in a single click. VaultPress plugin also can and detect dangerous files on your website. In case if any dangerous files are detect then it automatically send email to administration.
WP Smush is an award winning image compression plugin for WordPress. This plugin allow you to optimize image without losing quality.
If you are beginner in WordPress then it is an easy way to optimize image and improve website loading speed.
The features of WP Smush plugin is given below.
- Compress image in bulk to save space on server
- Squeezes last byte of image for best compression
- Resize image by set max width and height
- Convert PNG to lossy JPEG when additional savings are detected